Monday, April 13, 2009

It's raining, it's pouring, the mommy is crying

It's raining HARD today. This is a huge bummer because Craig spent the entire weekend building this:

IMG_0075

IMG_0079

IMG_0099

IMG_0100

IMG_0105

Why I don't have a picture of the completed project is beyond me.

I wish I could say that he had help, but truth is that I had my hands full with Grace and Julia whose primary form of communication these days is screaming. Children screaming makes my ovaries shrivel. I've written several posts about having a third kid. I don't believe it's a biological possibility anymore.

At least the kids I have are cute.

IMG_0069

IMG_0103

IMG_0093

Now if only they would stop whining and fighting, like this:

IMG_0095

While this photo doesn't look like much, the screaming that erupted from Julia's lungs (when Grace shoved her) woke the entire neighborhood.

Sigh.

6 comments:

Sarah, Andy, Murdoch, and Deucey said...

Murdoch has kind of taken to screaming as well. We didn't celebrate Easter at all - maybe next year he will get a basket. The house is a mess and the weather was bad so I joined the science museum and Murdoch and I spent part of Saturday there. It may become a normal weekend activity. Lots of buttons to push! And some stuffed animals to pet. I need to upload some pictures - the computer is buried under so much other stuff! But we get walls this week - very exciting.

Love the tree house - I feel your pain of entertaining while the other person does a project. I will send an email soon.

S

ps - got a pedicure and I thought of you!

Rebecca said...

I can commiserate. A friend of mine and I were just talking about this - it seems like all the kids on the planet this week have decided to be uber grouchy! Sometimes I just want to sit down with them and throw a tantrum myself. I don't think they would like that though :). Tell Craig that the playhouse looks super spiffy. I agree with you that it is difficult to be the kid-watcher while the spouse embarks on a project. Even if it involves heavy lifting or manual labor, I can't help but be a little jealous.

Ellen said...

Sarah-- science museum sounds great. I sooo wish we had something like that in Macon (well, I guess we do, it's just lame). The sun is finally shining, and I'm going to kick the kids outside!

Rebecca-- I actually threw a tantrum yesterday, and they ignored me. Well, not totally, Julia patted me on the shoulder. I'm beginning to rethink the idea of them sharing a room next year. I don't think my eardrums can handle it!

kathy.stadler said...

Ellen,
From the pictures..the tree
house is gorgeous! Wow!
Craig is quite a builder!
And the girls look beautiful!
Enjoy the pictures...no one
can hear any sound..
Beautiful!
God bless all. Love Always,
Aunt Kathy

Cristin said...

Shrivelling ovaries... not much makes me laugh out loud... that did.

My kids are fluent in WHINE. Which is frustrating, since one is fluent in English and ASL but prefers to freaking WHINE...

Which is why Mommy is so fond of... WINE!!!

Michelle said...

oh my goodness that looks like such an awsome playhouse! I bet they are really enjoying that (when it's not raining of course!)