Thursday, April 28, 2011

Belated

I think about blogging every other day or so. I just can't come up with much to say. April has been a particularly unfriendly month to us, and we've retreated to lick our wounds, both figurative and, in Julia's case, literal (she's added a scar to her chin, knee and foot--her new name is Craig Jr.).

The low points include spring break, which came carrying a suitcase full of viral and bacterial illness. Ever heard of rotavirus? The girls got it, and everyone, including Grammy who so kindly agreed to watch the girls while Craig and I were in Maine, suffered. Oh yeah, we went to Maine for very quick trip (48 hours). The visit wasn't a low point necessarily, but it also wasn't the high point we anticipated. Then Easter came and we felt exhausted (and still sick), and it was hard to be enthused about anything. I did take a few pictures of the girls, but after reviewing them, I realized that Grace is a sickly shade a green in all the photos (I won't be sharing). Finally on Wednesday the girls returned to school, in time for Julia to attend her field trip, and I am hopeful (please, Please, PLEASE) that we are truly on the mend.

I'm wallowing. I know it. Sick kids do this to me. In a little over two weeks, we will be sitting at the beach with our best friends, and my attitude will be forced to adjust. Folly here we come.

2 comments:

kbyron said...

Sorry about the illnesses.It is very tough having sick kids.
Look forward to your beach trip .That sounds like lots of fun.
Hoping all are well. You are in our prayers.
God bless you. Love, Aunt Kathy

Rebecca said...

I can totally empathize. Illness defined our whole winter. It was mostly me, but the kids had their fair share. Rotavirus is horrible! I would much rather be in pain than have that sort of virus. I'm sorry that you had to endure all of that. Hopefully you guys will have a germ-free summer and will get to do all the things you want to do!