Tuesday, May 24, 2011

swimsuit season

One would think that a post like my last one might open the flood gates. Nahh. Okay, so I've wanted to post, really, truly. I've just been busy (and by busy I mean going to the beach, attending end of the school year festivities, and playing at the pool--you can say it, I suck). Anyhoo. Here's life in some pictures (with more to upload after I go through all 394 of them, yeesh).

Let's start with Folly.

IMG_4675
The water was rough, but that didn't stop these three.

We traveled to South Carolina to attend the wedding of a dear friend (from Michigan whom we met in Augusta). He and his bride decided to tie the knot on Folly Beach.

IMG_4561
Bryan works the shalwar kameez.

What a great excuse for a beach weekend (with the added benefit of renting a condo with my best friend and her best baby).

IMG_4583
With my best babies, all dressed up.

I don't think I can ever get enough of this baby.

IMG_4654
IMG_4624
And neither can Julia (or Grace for that matter).

Then it was back home for the end of the school year. Our 1st grade girl came through with FLYING (best reader in class) colors.

IMG_4733
With best teacher (trademarked) ever.

And our other girl rocked the 3K stage.

IMG_4739
Singin' about Jesus. Apologies for the low quality picture.

What's an end of the year without dinner out at their favorite restaurant (parasols optional).

IMG_4766
IMG_4753

And, drumroll please, sleeping on the Star Wars sheets from their daddy's youth (thanks, Grammy, for making the night special).

IMG_4793
IMG_4805

Now we're in summer break mode, which means swimming lessons in the morning and the Mercer Pool in the afternoon. My house isn't clean, my hair feels like a bristle brush, and I don't care. Julia's 4th birthday is this Friday. Give me a moment while I suppress a sob. My parents are due to arrive on her big day (SURPRISE, SURPRISE), and you are guaranteed more pictures to come.

3 comments:

kathy.stadler said...

Happy Birthday Julia! Wow! I love her naturally curly hair..like Craig and Poppi Dan.
Grace is a beautiful young lady also.We are mighty proud of them both and of you all.
Enjoy your summer!
God bless all. Love, Aunt Kathy

mcm said...

Good job Ellen -- everything a post should have (news, pictures!), except for a picture of old bristle brush hair...
love,
m

Michelle said...

We're not that far from Folly Beach! Looks like it was a beautiful wedding.

Happy belated birthday to your big 4 yr old!