Saturday, December 17, 2011

Mary's in the house

At this rate, I may manage one post per month. Stifled. That's all I can say.

Moving on. Julia was chosen to play Mary for her school Christmas pageant, and let's just say she relished her part. Her bunny was continually swaddled, and she roped a stuffed duck into playing Joseph. She practiced her part all the time. I can't say that her behavior was very Mary like; in fact, she was pretty much a diva by the time the performance came. Well, I should clarify that she was a diva with Craig and me, but a perfect ANGEL to her teachers. You cannot imagine how many times I was told what a perfect Mary she was and how much she deserved to play the part. Sigh. I only wish her teachers didn't give that praise within her earshot. Next she'll be asking us to move to LA to jump-start her acting career.

Still, Craig and I hurried to the church to get good seats for her performance, and it was absolutely priceless. To see her swaddle the baby doll, oh, it was too much. Afterwards she heard from at least ten other people about her perfect portrayal of Mary. She'll be playing that part for a at least another couple of months. Below are pictures I took (Craig also shot video so the grandparents can get the full experience later).

1 comments:

kbyron said...

Congratulations to Julia! She is just precious! We are so proud of her. It is a family tradition to honor Mother Mary and she did a wonderful job!
Merry Christmas and God bless all.
Love, Aunt Kathy