Friday, June 8, 2012

Life Lessons

Hello, old friends, it's me again. Tinkering. I know I said blogging was over for me, and I think that yes, two little ladybugs doesn't exist in the same way it did before. But there are still nuggets to share, like this one from Grace.

Workbook question: What is one of the nicest things you could say about yourself?
I love myself and I am a healthy, lucky, good, and mistakable person.

 Me: "Um, sweetie, don't you mean unmistakeable? You know everyone remembers you." 

Grace: "Mmm, no, Mom, I mean I make a lot of mistakes."

 Me: "Oh, I think you mean flawed."

Grace: "Yeah, flawed, that's what I mean. I love myself for being flawed."

 Me: "Well, honey, the world would be a better place if we could all love our flaws."

 +++++

 At age seven, my daughter understands a lesson I've been wrestling with all my life.  I hope she holds onto loving her flaws.