Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Have you ever?

1. Seen not one, not two, but three men in skirts dancing like madmen?

If so, then you understand how much fun was had last weekend in New Hampshire.

2. Gone to an exit interview, secured adequate compensation, and then been interviewed for a brand new position, for which you were totally unprepared and somehow came off as completely competent?

If so, then you understand my morning today. I went in to discuss the contract job I got last year (which turned into a big nothing despite hours of meetings and readings), and midway during that process my contact said "You need to meet Mr. X." Within minutes Mr. X was sitting across from me asking interview questions--questions that were very far from my mind and yet I answered fully. I left with promises that we would meet again and hammer out a position. I still don't understand what happened.

6 comments:

The Jordan Family said...

interesting, indeed! can't wait to hear more.

Cristin said...

I HAVE experienced the men dancing in skirts thing... Dead Shows Man...

Cool about the job prospect. Good Luck!

Sarah, Andy, Murdoch, and Deucey said...

So great to see you and congrats on the job - that is awesome! Will be in touch soon - I need to plan a trip to Georgia - I need something to look forward to! Miss you already.

S

Michelle said...

It sounds like something good, and promising!

kathy.stadler said...

Congratulations!
God bless all. Love, Aunt Kathy

Ellen said...

I still don't know what to think....and it's been a day. I do know that it really isn't hard to look competent in Macon. Look, she speaks! And is coherent! And can write a sentence! She's a miracle.

Thanks for the support ladies.