Sunday, August 28, 2011

Lemonade

When life hands me lemons, I don't make lemonade. I cry. And then when I've cried myself out, I look for some sun, some happiness. We've had a lot of lemons around here lately, and today after crying off and on for a week, I'm making my lemonade, finding my sunshine.

I put on an apron my grandmother made and wore. I love that I have her with me (even though I miss her so much at times that I feel her loss like a weight). The girls and I made muffins.

IMG_5896

Then I turned on some music, stuff that my kids love, and we danced around the kitchen.

I remember that I have her:
IMG_5898

And her:
IMG_4922

And I have a partner in all this. He's working overtime to make sure we're all okay, and we will be, no matter what happens.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your pictures are wonderful! What beautiful girls you have. Enjoy!They do grow up before you know it.
God bless you. Love, Aunt Kathy