Sunday, October 30, 2011

A blog lost

Where the heck have I been?

Sitting at my desk, butt glued to the chair, analyzing a 35 by 45 matrix of answers (about a topic I can't discuss). I have worked my arse off the last two weeks. There were low points--competency low points--when I felt, can I really do this? But today, after countless emails, more phone calls with my boss, tweaking and parsing, I received this email:

"Huge thanks for a very hard job well done."

A literal weight has been lifted from my shoulders. Days ago I told Craig, "This job makes me act like the mother of a newborn. I don't shower until the afternoon. I'm irritable and anxious, and I'm not sleeping at night."

And I'm probably going to do it all over again. Perhaps I'm crazy, or more likely I'm actually happy to have a job where my skills are appreciated. A huge thanks is due to my mother-in-law who landed me the job. Who would have thought? She did, and I'm deeply grateful for her confidence.

Alright, so where does this leave poor old Two Little Ladybugs? Well, Halloween is tomorrow, and I could care less that I live in a place where Halloween gives people the willies (being Satan's holiday and all). We will be celebrating. I will dust off my camera (I've missed you camera. I'm sorry you've been abandoned) and take pictures of Laura Ingalls and Princess Leia. I will gorge on all the halloween candy my kids don't like (and some that they do--snickers are mine). But mostly I will breathe deeply, relax, and feel thankful for my family.

Happy Halloween, ya'll. I hope you have been well.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Happy Halloween! Can't wait to see pics of the girls in their costumes! Even though I don't always comment, I do enjoy reading :).

Ellen said...

Thanks, Rebecca. I always love catching up on your family!