Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Our bunny

Just days before Halloween Julia's school celebrated a Noah's Ark Fall Festival where children were instructed to dress as animals. Last year, the first year for the festival, we dodged the event. I was knee deep in costumes, and the idea that I would have to come up with another one was not palatable. In my mind, this time of the year is for Halloween, but I live in a place where Halloween makes some people squeamish (neither Grace nor Julia's school celebrates the holiday). Then again, I'm clearly a square peg in Macon's round hole, so no surprises that a Noah's Ark festival in place of Halloween makes me feel a bit squeamish.

Given that Julia is four (and far more tuned in) there was no way we could skip another year, and really, I didn't want her to miss out on the fun (even if I was grouchy about the idea of a second costume). I also didn't want her to miss out on being Princess Leia though, so we would have to get another costume. Thankfully, two things happened: 1) Julia wanted to be a bunny and 2) Craig offered to go out and buy the costume (bunny ears and a tail).

I have to admit she made an adorable bunny. And she had a really great time (even better for me, her dad accompanied her).

1 comments:

kathy.stadler said...

Julia is the face of happiness and so pretty! Wow another great costume!
God bless all. Love, Aunt Kathy