Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Milk of Magnesia

I'm absolutely constipated when it comes to blogging. I can't get a post written. Truly I'm constipated about all forms of communication these days. My email skills are rusty. I haven't skyped in months. I don't even like the telephone much. Blogging is probably the worst though. So much has happened, and I neither have the energy nor the inclination to write posts about the last couple of months. There was Christmas. There was Disney. There was my mom in ICU. There was/is Grace's GI problems. There have been a lot of silent worries and many happy moments too.

Last night I promised myself I would post something--get the wheels turning again--because I'm a happier person when I write (or call, email and skype). I don't even take pictures anymore (another habit to re-establish), though if you check the sidebar you'll see I have uploaded a few more pictures from December. Baby steps, people, I'm trying to get back on the trolley.

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

I'm sorry life has been so crazy for you. Baby steps are good!

Here is a little story that I heard recently...but, I must warn that you may need a Kleenex or two after reading it! It's from Real Simple magazine.

http://tinyurl.com/27ugdbw

Your family is in my prayers.

Ellen said...

Rebecca,

Tears right now. Thank you for sharing.

Sydney said...

I'm sorry you're having some difficulties right now. Writing does help. I'm trying to get back on the blogging bandwagon as well. I've scheduled a bunch of posts for the next few months. That way, I don't have to feel obligated to write every day. I just make a little time when I can, jot out a few thoughts or post a few pictures, then I'm done. Hang in there! Hope things turn around soon!

kathy.stadler said...

Ellen,
You have my prayers. I do hope things get better. God bless you. Love,Aunt Kathy