Thursday, February 2, 2012

Punxsutawny Phil was punk'd

It's in the mid 70's here. Phil says six more weeks of winter. What winter? We haven't had one yet, and the forecast doesn't call for one soon. Case in point, Julia and her bud Sofia just served me dandelion pie with mulch topping (I hope they'll provide a beverage to wash this delicacy down). The sun is shining brightly, and I have to say it feels a lot like spring.

I also have to say that I don't mind 70s in February. Sunshine is the major benefit to living here (though I will complain loudly about the sun come summer). When we were back in the midwest last November we had a couple of gray days, and I quickly remembered how much that kind of weather stinks. Before you midwesterners start to moan, remember that the mercury regularly creeps above 100 in July and August. The perfect solution would be to winter in the south, and summer in the midwest. Oh yeah, that's called being a snowbird and requires retirement.

I may be surprised; there's always the possibility of snow in February and March (it's happened before). Hopefully we'll get just enough to build a snowman and then go back to spring as planned.

0 comments: